The faculty encourage students to participate in summer research programs.
Students have conducted research at the Universities of Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina and Tennessee; Ohio State, Texas A & M and Vanderbilt Universities; and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Recently, KWC has developed a relationship with the Owensboro Cancer Research Program. We provide a number of interns who perform plant-based cancer and HIV research. Click here to read more about KWC students and graduates working at OCRP in the cancer research field.
Throughout the curriculum, students utilize state-of-the-art instrumentation including:
Visible spectrophotometers and pH meters
- Fourier transform infrared spectrophotometer
- Ultraviolet-visible spectrophotometer
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer
- Gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer
- Atomic absorption spectrophotometer
- Inductively coupled plasma spectrometer
- Electron spin resonance spectrometer
Analytical Chemistry students also take an annual trip to PittCon – they traveled to Orlando in 2010!