June 5-10, 2016
An exciting and challenging week-long immersion experience for students who have completed their junior year in high school!
- Learn with students from the region, led by Kentucky Wesleyan faculty and staff in a high-quality academic and social enrichment venue.
- Grow in a community setting through shared residential life and academic experiences.
- Learn from the vibrant city of Owensboro and Kentucky Wesleyan alumni.
Students will be selected through an application process and may choose one of two paths:
- Creative Writing
The application deadline is May 18 and decisions for acceptance will be made by May 25.
*Identify leadership styles and obstacles.
*Discuss and interpret interpersonal communication skills.
*Meet and learn with leaders from Owensboro and beyond.
*Compare creative and critical thinking.
*Discover what makes writing successful.
*Explore and analyze the fundamental differences in writing styles.
Social Enrichment Activities
- Exclusive academy dance and bonfire
- Faculty/staff/scholar softball game
- Explore the Riverfront
- Scavenger hunt
- And more…
The program provides:
- Minimum of a $6,500 scholarship to Kentucky Wesleyan College
- Residential housing
- Completed junior year
- ACT of 23 or higher
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Application Deadline: May 18
Decisions by May 25