Policy change notification:
Please note: The following language has been removed from our online Title IX (sexual harassment/assault) policy document:
"I understand that I must submit my complaint in writing before any review or other action takes place."
The online policy document takes precedence over any existing paper policy document.
All KWC students, employees and contractors (security, maintenance & food service) are required to certify their review of the Title IX training module entitled: "Title IX Online Training" - provided in the link section, above. An email will be sent to everyone with additional details. Thank you.
1. Miss. Katie Newton is now working with me as a student intern (practica). She has many great ideas to help make our Title IX program more "student friendly" and effective overall. Thanks Katie!
2. Focus Group:
The Focus Group has met twice now. It is a very energetic, dedicated group of students, staff and faculty. Their collective interest and passion for Title IX related issues is amazing!
Here's the primary list of issues currently under consideration/review:
* Campus security in general
* Our existing Title IX policy and procedure (please see our web links, below)
* Title IX related training/outreach issues and focus
* Web site enhancements/suggestions
* Women's center/gender studies issue
Katie is the coordinator for this very important group.
If you wish to join the group, please let me or Katie know soon.
The next group meeting will take place after our Fall break.
3. Web site enhancements:
With the patient, dedicated assistance of Mr. Jim Kuhlman (and Katie), many web site enhancements are now in the development/implementation phase - including: an online complaint form, a suggestion box, a training request form and a training module. Please bookmark our web page and view it periodically!
If you have a web site related suggestion, please let me know.
4. Finally, please note that our existing policy/procedure is currently under review and modifications are forthcoming. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our complaint procedure, please let me know.
Jerry and the KWC Title IX Team