Dr. Henry Connor, Professor of Chemistry
Yu Hak Hahn #220
Ph.D., Physical Chemistry, Cornell University
B.S., Chemistry, Duke University
Concepts in Chemistry
Physical Chemistry Lab
Chemistry Independent Study
Concepts in Physical Science
Use of electron paramagnetic resonance to identify free radical processes in biological system.
Gas-liquid phase and high performance liquid chromatographic studies of environmental pollutants.
Evaluation of herbicide loading in regional watersheds
Rehman, H., Connor, H.D., Ramshesh, V.K., Theruvath, T.P., Mason, R.P., Zhong, Z. Ischemic preconditioning prevents free radical production and mitochondrial depolarization in small-for-size liver transplantation. Transplantation, 85(9), pp. 1322-31, 2008
Connor, H, Sturgeon, BE, Mottley, C, Sipe, HJ,Jr and Mason, R. L-Tryptophan Radical Cation Electron Spin Resonance Studies: Connecting Solution-derived Hyperfine Coupling constants with Protein Spectral Interpretations. J Am Chem Soc: 130(20), pp. 6381-7,2008
Woods, C.G., Burns, A.M., Maki, A., Bradford, B.U., Cunningham, M.L., Connor, H.D., Kadiiska, M.B., Mason, R.P., Peters, J.M., Rusyn, I. Sustained formation of a-(4-pyridyl-l-oxide)-N-tert-butylnitrone radical adducts in mouse liver by peroxisome proliferators is dependent upon peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-a, but not NADPH oxidase. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 42 (3), pp. 335-342, 2007.
Recent Invited Seminars
* June, 2006. L-Tryptophan Radical Cation Electron Resonance Studies. Institute Jozef Stefan, Ljubljana, Slovenia
* September 19, 2004. Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spin Trapping Studies of Cyclosporin A Nephrotoxicity, Ninth International Conference on Life Sciences of Slovenia, Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
* October 11, 2002. Spin Trapping of Free Radicals in Biological Systems. Department of Chemistry, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee
* March 26, 2002. Studies of Antioxidant Effects on Free Radical Formation in Living Systems
* Indiana-Kentucky Border Section of the American Chemical Society, Evansville, Indiana
* March 3, 2001. Contributions of Spin Trapping to Studies of Reperfusion Injury, Institute Jozef Stefan, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
* Public Interest Advisory Committee, Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission
College Service (recent)
* Faculty Status Committee
* Southern Association of Colleges and Schools KWC Self Study for accreditation renewal. Chair, Steering Committee and Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
American Chemical Society
Society of Sigma Xi
Phi Lambda Upsilon Honorary Chemical Society