Mission Statement & Goals for the Office of Disability Services
Kentucky Wesleyan College is committed to equal opportunity for all academically qualified students, and does not discriminate based on disability.
The mission and goals of KWC's Office of Disability Services is to coordinate services that ensure that individuals with disabilities have equal access to take full advantage of this college's educational, social, and cultural opportunities.
The goals of the KWC's Office of Disability Services (ODS) are:
* To provide and coordinate accommodations for enrolled students with disabilities. Services are individualized to meet the student's needs based on their specific disabilities. The services provided by the ODS include, but are not limited to: testing accommodations, note-takers, readers, interpreter, access to assistive technology, books on tape, and others determined on an individual basis.
* To provide services and information to ease the transition into post secondary education.
* To facilitate the development and independence of students with disabilities.
* To serve as a resource for students, staff, faculty and administrators within the Kentucky Wesleyan College community and for individuals and agencies within the Daviess County community on disability issues.
* To assist with increasing the awareness of the Kentucky Wesleyan College community on disability issues.
* To assist with campuswide efforts to comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
* To facilitate sharing of information among disabled student service professionals within the region.
* To pursue external funding sources to enhance services for students with disabilities.