Thanks for your interest in applying to Kentucky Wesleyan College! This application is for transfer students who have completed some college work and are interested in full- or part-time enrollment at KWC.
[International transfers, please click here. Readmit students who have previously attended KWC, click here.]
We want to make your transfer process as easy as possible. Applying online will expedite your application process -- and it's free. Here's what you do:
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE TRANSFER APPLICATION
- Fill out the Transfer Application online.
- Or, download and send in an application. If you need us to send you a copy, call the Admissions Office at 1-800-999-0592.
STEP 2: SEND US YOUR TRANSCRIPTS
All transfer students are required to submit a final official high school transcript, a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or Certified Adult High School Diploma.
In addition to a high school transcript, send official transcript(s) from each college or university attended to:
Kentucky Wesleyan College
Office of Admissions
Attn: Sarah Kelly
3000 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
- If you have less than 24 hours of college level work, you may also be required to submit official ACT or SAT scores.
- The Office of Admissions reserves the right to request additional information or a personal interview.
STEP 3: APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
Apply between January 1 and March 2 for priority processing. You do not have to wait until you are admitted to Kentucky Wesleyan to apply for financial aid. The earlier you apply, the better chance you have that funds will be available.
- To apply, complete the new streamlined Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- To ensure that we receive your FAFSA information, indicate our institutional code 001969 in the Federal School Code field and list the appropriate housing code.
- Don't forget to accept your awards online.
- Your Student ID is the first letter of your first name and the first eight letters of your last name.
- Accepting your award will ensure that your money is ready to be disbursed at the start of the semester.
STEP 4: COMPLETE HOUSING AND HEALTH INFORMATION
To reserve your spot with the incoming class, please complete and return:
- Housing Form: If you will be a residential student, include a $100 Housing Deposit. If you will be commuting, please include a $100 Tuition Deposit.
- Health Form: Include copy of your insurance card.
- Enrollment Acceptance Form (upload document to link to)
STEP 5: SIGN UP AND ATTEND A TRANSFER REGISTRATION DAY OR SCHEDULE AN INDIVIDUAL ADVISING APPOINTMENT
- We will post registration dates as soon as they are available.
Kentucky Community and Technical College Block Transfer Program
Under our block transfer program, we recognize the completion of our general education requirements for students who earn an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science from the KCTCS system (KCTCS/KWC General Education Program Equivalency).
Click here for a list of classes that are equivalent between KWC and KCTCS.
Merit-Based Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial assistance is available to all transfer students through merit scholarships or need-based aid. Merit scholarships range from $2,500 to $5,500 per academic year (based on your cumulative college GPA). To receive need-based aid, you are required to complete the FAFSA.
If you have any questions or need more information about transfer admission to KWC, please contact our office at 800-999-0592 or [email protected].