|Dr. Mike Fagan, Professor of Psychology
|Dr. Mike Fagan, Professor of Psychology |
Faculty Office Building #27
- Ph.D., Educational Psychology, University of Florida.
- M.A., Educational Psychology, John Carroll University
- B.A., Psychology, Marquette University
Professional Experience (Representative)
- 2008-present, Professor of Psychology, Kentucky Wesleyan College
- March-June 2008, Interim President, Kentucky Wesleyan College
- 1998–2008, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Kentucky Wesleyan College
- 1996-1998, Interim Academic Dean of the College, Kentucky Wesleyan College
- 1993–1996, Associate Dean of Leadership Studies
- 1993 – 1996, Chair of the Behavioral Sciences Department
- 1990 – 1993, Associate Academic Dean: Responsibilities include Retention, Faculty Development and Freshman Studies
- 1977 – 1996, Professor of Psychology at Kentucky Wesleyan College, teaching courses in Counseling, Human Development, Personality Theory, Educational Psychology, etc.
- Fagan, M.M. (with J. Welch and K. Bromley) (1994). Using biographies to teach leadership. Journal of Leadership Studies, 1, #4.
- Fagan, M.M. (1991) Profiles in Leadership: A pilot freshman course offered by a small liberal arts college. In the Proceedings of the Fourth Annual Workshop on the Freshman Year Program at the Small Liberal Arts College, published by Central Methodist College, 93-109.
- April 2004, Participated in a panel discussion, “Marketing the Liberal Arts in a Career-Oriented Society” at the Annual Dean’s Retreat for Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities
- November 2002, “Disaster Planning and Recovery” (with Cindra Stiff), presented to the Society for College and University Planning at the Southeast regional conference in Nashville, Tennessee
- November 1997, “Comprehensive Leadership Programs” presented at the Deans Institute: The National Conference for Independent College Chief Academic Officers in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida
Awards, Grants, Accomplishments
-Served on SACS Visiting Accreditation Team at Emmanuel College, October 2007
-Served on SACS Visiting Accreditation Team at Beacon College, October 2006
-Served on SACS Visiting Accreditation Team at Blue Mountain College, October 2004
-Served on the Visiting Accreditation Team (SACS) at University of South Carolina – Beaufort, February 2004
-Served on the Visiting Accreditation Team (SACS) at Voorhees College, March 2003
-Received an Educator’s Achievement Award from the Owensboro Public School System
-Authored a successful $75,000 grant for the Kentucky Masters Speaker Series
-Co-authored $40,000 grant for a Jewish Studies Program
- Authored a successful $200,000 grant proposal to the Christian A. Johnson Endeavor Foundation to sponsor a leadership lecture series
- Co-authored $800,000 grant proposal to the Kellogg Foundation
- Nominated for the President’s Award for Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership, 1992
- Founding editor of the International Journal of Mentoring, 1986-1988
-Nominated for “Teacher of the Year” at Kentucky Wesleyan College in 1982, 1983 and 1986
-Received “Outstanding Young Educator Award”, Owensboro Jaycees 1981
- Kentucky Psychological Association, 2009-present.
- Chair, Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities, Chief Academic Officers, 2003-2005.
- American Association for Higher Education
- American Psychological Association, Association of the Chief Academic Officers of the Southern States, Active in the Dean’s Institute of the Council of Independent College.
- Chairman of the Citizen’s Advisory Board for the Owensboro park System, 2010-2011
- Represented City of Owensboro – Delegation to sister city (Nisshin, Japan), Spring 2007
- Advisory Board for the Learning Community
- Member of the Owensboro Middle School Council, 1992-1994
- Member of Blessed Mother Catholic Church.
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Audubon Center of Economic Education
Member of the Owensboro Breakfast Optimist Club.