English at KWC
Studying English at Kentucky Wesleyan offers you a comprehensive and flexible major for a variety of career fields and pre-professional studies. It's also a valuable choice as a second major or as a minor if your main area of study is in other disciplines.
You'll also get to do all the following things:
- gain the wisdom and experience which comes through reading great literature
- improve critical thinking and aesthetic appreciation
- increase proficiency in speaking, reading and writing
- take advantage of opportunities to master the content, methodologies and skills in an area of specialization
Plus, there's fun stuff too. Our outstanding Writing Workshop program has been mentioned in the New York Times, and students get chances to go to New York and England on class trips. Check the links below and to the left to find out more!
As an English major, you can choose between an emphasis in literature or in creative writing. Senior English majors may also be invited to undertake a senior honors project and earn the title of English Honors Student.
Kentucky Wesleyan offers an English major leading to a bachelor of arts degree and an English minor. You may choose between a creative writing emphasis and a literature emphasis (see page 2 of the degree requirements below for details).
Additional information, degree requirements, suggested four-year plan, and course descriptions are located in the KWC Bulletin (Catalog). Please click here and then access the degree or program via the bookmarks on the left of the page.
- See the English faculty page for contact info and personal pages