The Kentucky Wesleyan College Alumni Association Board of Directors is responsible for strengthening the Alumni Association and the prestige of Kentucky Wesleyan College. Its members will advise the College on programs to benefit Alumni and assist in the successful execution of those programs.
To this end, each Board Member has several basic responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in scheduled board meetings. As a director, you are expected to attend every Board meeting. A Board member who misses two successive times without extraordinary cause is deemed to have resigned from the Board.
- Serving actively on Alumni Association committees as assigned. Much of the business of the Board can be, and should be, accomplished by committee.
- Becoming a representative and spokesperson for the College. Expectations include talking with prospective students and their parents about Kentucky Wesleyan, meeting with or calling on other alumni in your area, hosting and participating in area alumni events and activities, and attending institutional and alumni activities and programs whenever possible.
- Assisting the College in identifying, cultivating and engaging alumni in areas to include student recruitment, job placement, chapter leadership and financial support, as well as participating in and promotion the nomination process for alumni awards and selection of officers of the Alumni Association.
- Being familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized and coordinated by the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Providing annual financial support to the program(s) of their choice at Kentucky Wesleyan College.
- Representing the College at Kentucky Wesleyan-sponsored events in your geographic region, and Homecoming.