Through the comprehensive academic advising program at KWC, the advisor will:
- Provide students with high-quality academic advising services which encourage them to pursue academic excellence;
- Support and assist students in exploring, confirming, and achieving their educational and career goals;
- Assist students as they become independent decision-makers who demonstrate initiative and responsibility; and
- Contribute to student development by referring students to appropriate campus resources.
When participating in academic advising, the student will:
- Be an active participant in the advising process;
- Demonstrate responsibility for his/her educational progress and decision-making;
- Use campus resources to develop and follow a plan to accomplish his/her educational and career goals; and
- Provide thoughtful feedback on the advising process as requested through surveys, focus groups, and/or interviews.