Dr. Henry Connor, Professor of Chemistry
Yu Hak Hahn #220
Ph.D., Physical Chemistry, Cornell University
B.S., Chemistry, Duke University
- General Chemistry
- Concepts in Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Instrumental Analysis
- Physical Chemistry Lab
- Chemistry Independent Study
- Concepts in Physical Science
- Environmental Science
- Use of electron paramagnetic resonance to identify free radical processes in biological system.
- Gas-liquid phase and high performance liquid chromatographic studies of environmental pollutants.
- Evaluation of herbicide loading in regional watersheds
- Rehman, H., Connor, H.D., Ramshesh, V.K., Theruvath, T.P., Mason, R.P., Zhong, Z. Ischemic preconditioning prevents free radical production and mitochondrial depolarization in small-for-size liver transplantation. Transplantation, 85(9), pp. 1322-31, 2008
- Connor, H, Sturgeon, BE, Mottley, C, Sipe, HJ,Jr and Mason, R. L-Tryptophan Radical Cation Electron Spin Resonance Studies: Connecting Solution-derived Hyperfine Coupling constants with Protein Spectral Interpretations. J Am Chem Soc: 130(20), pp. 6381-7,2008
- Woods, C.G., Burns, A.M., Maki, A., Bradford, B.U., Cunningham, M.L., Connor, H.D., Kadiiska, M.B., Mason, R.P., Peters, J.M., Rusyn, I. Sustained formation of a-(4-pyridyl-l-oxide)-N-tert-butylnitrone radical adducts in mouse liver by peroxisome proliferators is dependent upon peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-a, but not NADPH oxidase. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 42 (3), pp. 335-342, 2007.
Recent Invited Seminars
- June, 2006. L-Tryptophan Radical Cation Electron Resonance Studies. Institute Jozef Stefan, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- September 19, 2004. Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spin Trapping Studies of Cyclosporin A Nephrotoxicity, Ninth International Conference on Life Sciences of Slovenia, Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
- October 11, 2002. Spin Trapping of Free Radicals in Biological Systems. Department of Chemistry, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee
- March 26, 2002. Studies of Antioxidant Effects on Free Radical Formation in Living Systems
- Indiana-Kentucky Border Section of the American Chemical Society, Evansville, Indiana
- March 3, 2001. Contributions of Spin Trapping to Studies of Reperfusion Injury, Institute Jozef Stefan, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Public Interest Advisory Committee, Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission
College Service (recent)
- Faculty Status Committee
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools KWC Self Study for accreditation renewal. Chair, Steering Committee and Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
- American Chemical Society
- Society of Sigma Xi
Phi Lambda Upsilon Honorary Chemical Society