How can I do it?
- Talk to your professor, adviser or sponsor
- Talk to CETL (Center for Engaged Teaching & Learning)
What is it?
Service-learning or community engagement, integrates learning and community service. As part of a class or co-curricular project, service-learning uses instruction and reflection to enrich learning, to encourage civic responsibility and to strengthen our community.
Why do it?
- Serve the community
- Apply course content to community-based activities
- Experience learning in real world contexts
- Get credit for your volunteer work
Who does it?
Students in all disciplines are encouraged to participate in volunteer work and community engagement. Some Kentucky Wesleyan College programs offer specific service-learning or community engagement activities -Art, Education, Criminal Justice, Human Services Administration, Psychology- but you can explore it through other classes or curricular activities (like Sophomore Experience or fraternities and sororities).
Follow us on
Center for Engaged Teaching & Learning | firstname.lastname@example.org | 270-852-3254