In early 2020, our campus quickly and rigorously adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic in multiple ways, including preparations for the fall semester, to ensure physical distancing in meeting spaces.
KWC had entered into an ownership agreement on Dec. 31, 2019, to purchase what is now the Jack T. Wells ’77 Activity Center (formerly Legacy Church) by Dec. 31, 2022. This agreement included immediate access to the building, and it was soon apparent that the former church would provide necessary space to allow physical distancing during the pandemic.
Faculty, staff, alumni and students donated more than 800 hours to paint and repair the building over two summers for use when students arrived in August 2020 and expanded use in August 2021. The College also made substantial financial investments to make the space functional.
This expansion of campus is significant – and timely. If you would like to help us fund the facility master plan by making a gift, please give us a call at (270) 852-3142 or CLICK HERE to make a gift online.
Naming Opportunities (Spaces numbered in floorplan above)
1 – Building ($1 Million) Claimed Thanks to the Jack T. Wells ’77 Charitable Trust
- 2 – Auditorium ($250,000) Claimed Thanks to a generous gift from the Marilyn and William Young Charitable Foundation
- 3 – Panther Room ($150,000) Claimed Thanks to a generous gift from Dr. J. Charles ’62 and Margaret (Heltsley) Schertzinger ’59
- 4 – Covered Patio/outdoor classroom ($50,000) Available
- 5 – Lobby and guest welcome center ($35,000) Claimed Thanks to a generous gift from Larry ’64 and Lamone Mayfield
- 6 – Classrooms (2) ($25,000) 2 Available
- 7 – Green room ($20,000) Available
- 8 – Campus Ministries conference room/workroom ($20,000) Available
- 9 – Video production room ($20,000) Available
- 10 – Small meeting rooms (5), including SGA, SAPB and Campus Ministries offices ($10,000 each) Claimed
- Claimed The SGA Office has been named with a generous gift from Dr. Jim ’93 and Sharon (Murphy) Duncan ’91
- Claimed The SAPB Office has been named with a generous gift from Ed ’93 and Dr. Jodi (Parks) Krahwinkel ’93
- Claimed A Campus Ministries Office has been named with a generous gift from Rev. Dr. Donald ’65 and Pat (Webster) Rankin ’55 in memory of Rev. Dr. Roy E. Webster II ’55
- Claimed The Kitchen named with a generous gift from Scott Pickrell in memory of his mother Joyce S. Taylor.
- Claimed Meeting Room named with generous gift from Jeff ’88 and Leslie Sampson.
- Claimed Prayer Room named with generous gifts from classmates, friends and loved ones in memory of Cochran Dorsey ’73.
- Claimed A Campus Ministries Office has been named with a generous gift from the Major Family.
- Claimed The Food Pantry/Professional Closet has been named with a generous gifts from Chuck ’72 and Nancy (King) Schmeal ’71 and Jeff ’72 and Susan White.
- Claimed Classroom named with generous gift from long-time faculty member Barbara Johnson.
- Claimed Commuter Lounge named with generous gift from Steve ’83 and Trisha Frey.
View our informational brochure by clicking the image below.