Note for Summer 2020
Kentucky Wesleyan Scholars Academy will not occur in Summer 2020 to ensure the well being of students and faculty during to the coronavirus outbreak. Scholars Academy guarantees close, personal faculty and staff interaction with students from across Kentucky and several states, engaging in exploration of leadership, the sciences, and criminal justice. Based on the timing of Scholars Academy and recommendations of Kentucky public health officials, we believe it is in the best interest of students and families to not host the academy this summer, but invite students and families for individual visits on campus.
Wesleyan will reopen to limited groups of campus visitors on June 8 with precautions to ensure the well being of guests and tour guides. No overnight stays for visits or camps will occur for the duration of the summer to prepare facilities for the return to residential life of Wesleyan students in August 2020. Information about visit opportunities is available online at www.kwc.edu/visit.
June 2021 – TBA
The Kentucky Wesleyan Scholars Academy is an exciting and challenging week-long immersion experience for high school students (rising senior status) who have completed their junior year in high school!
- Learn with students from across the country, led by Kentucky Wesleyan faculty and staff in a high-quality academic and social enrichment environment.
- Grow in a community setting through shared residential life and academic experiences.
- Learn in the vibrant city of Owensboro and from Kentucky Wesleyan alumni.
Students will be selected through a competitive application process.
Students can choose from two tracks:
- Identify leadership styles and how to use your unique gifts to lead.
- Evaluate, observe and develop interpersonal communication skills.
- Meet and learn with leaders from Owensboro and beyond.
Sciences and Mathematics
- Explore major areas including Zoology, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Gain hands-on laboratory experience.
- Work with faculty mentors to explore STEM and medical fields.
- Take part in collegiate-level science study and experimentation.
Criminal Justice and Psychology (New for 2020!)
- Explore how psychology and criminal justice intersect
- Learn about behavior and institutions in the criminal and judicial process
- Meet and work alongside expert faculty
The application deadline is May 28, 2021 and decisions for acceptance will be made by June 4, 2021. You must have completed your junior year of high school, and not yet begun your senior year. Please complete the online application or request a paper application from firstname.lastname@example.org to be delivered to the Kentucky Wesleyan College Office of Admissions, 3000 Frederica Street, Owensboro, KY 42301.
Social Enrichment Activities
- Exclusive academy dance and bonfire
- Faculty/staff/scholar softball game
- Explore the Owensboro Riverfront
- Scavenger hunt
- And more…
The program provides:
- Students selected will receive a $1,000 scholarship to attend to Kentucky Wesleyan College.
- Residential housing
- All meals and materials
- Scholars Academy swag
- Completed junior year (Rising Senior status)
- ACT of 22 or higher
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Application Deadline: May 28, 2021
Decisions by June 4, 2021
Please complete the online applciation or request a paper application from email@example.com to be delivered to the Kentucky Wesleyan College Office of Admissions, 3000 Frederica Street, Owensboro, KY 42301