Interested in studying exclusively online?
Interested in transferring to a traditional program?
- Request information about transferring. Or check out the information below to learn more!
Thank you for your interest in applying to Kentucky Wesleyan College! This page is for transfer students who have completed some college work and are interested in full- or part-time enrollment at Kentucky Wesleyan College.
Transfer to Kentucky Wesleyan College:
The Transfer Process
We want to make your transfer process as easy as possible. Applying online will expedite your application process – and it’s free! Here’s what you do:
STEP 1: Complete the Application
- Fill out an online application.
STEP 2: Send Official Transcripts
- All transfer students are required to submit a final official high school transcript, a General Education Development (GED) Certificate or Certified Adult High School Diploma.
- In addition to a high school transcript, send official transcript(s) from each college or university you have attended to:
- Kentucky Wesleyan College
Office of Admissions
Attn: Chase Durrance
3000 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
- If you have less than 24 hours of college level work, you may also be required to submit official ACT or SAT scores.
- The Office of Admissions reserves the right to request additional information or a personal interview.
STEP 3: Apply for Financial Aid
- To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Submit your FAFSA by the preferred date of January 1, 2016. You do not have to wait until you are admitted to Kentucky Wesleyan to apply for financial aid. The earlier you apply, the better chance you have that funds will be available.
- This is especially important for Kentucky residents to ensure you receive the best opportunities for
- To ensure that we receive your FAFSA information, indicate our institutional code (001969) in the Federal School Code field and list the appropriate housing code.
Step 4: Accept Your Awards
- Accept your award package online.
- Your Student ID is the first letter of your first name and the first eight letters of your last name.
- Accepting your award will ensure that your money is ready to be disbursed at the start of the semester.
STEP 5: Complete Housing and Health Forms
Kentucky Community and Technical College Block Transfer Program
Under our block transfer program, we recognize the completion of our general education requirements for students who earn an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science from the Kentucky Community & Technical College System (KCTCS/KWC General Education Program Equivalency).
Merit-Based Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial assistance is available to all transfer students through merit scholarships or need-based aid. Merit scholarships range from $2,500 to $5,500 per academic year (based on your cumulative college GPA). To receive need-based aid, you are required to complete the FAFSA.
If you have any questions or need more information about transfer admission to Kentucky Wesleyan College, please contact our Assistant Director of Admissions Chase Durrance at:
Assistant Director of Admissions