Welcome to Kentucky Wesleyan College New Student Orientation 2016
January 8, 2017
New Student Orientation is a four-day academic and social experience to assist incoming students with their transition into Kentucky Wesleyan College. Because of the importance of material presented at New Student Orientation, it is a required activity for all new, incoming students.
Before arriving for New Student Orientation, please complete the following:
- Pay your deposits—Housing ($100.00), Mailbox ($10.00) and Laundry Card ($10.00)
- Parking Pass— Go to kwc.thepermitstore.com and complete the online process. We will have the forms waiting for you when you arrive
- Student Portal—Log on to the portal. Through the portal you should be able to check your schedule, financial aid, housing assignment and much more. This is an easy way to verify your information and get in touch with your professors
- Financial Aid—Call or visit our Financial Aid Office to ensure everything is settled regarding your account. Phone number. 270-852-3120
- Bill/Payment Questions—Call or Visit Stephanie Wilson in our Business Office. Phone number = 270-852-3108
- Renters Insurance—Check with your homeowners insurance and see if your possessions are covered when you live in a residence hall. If not, consider Renters insurance. Generally, this type of insurance is very inexpensive and easy way to protect your personal possessions.
Below is the schedule for New Student Orientation on January 8, 2017.
January 8, 2017
12:30pm: Welcome lunch in Rogers Hall
12:35pm: Welcome – President Darrell
12:40: Academics – Dr. Paula Dehn, Vice President for Academic Affairs
1:00pm: The Wesleyan Way – Becca McQueen, Associate Dean for Student Services
1:30pm: Commuter support/Engagement on campus – Morgan Oakley, Activities Coordinator
2:00pm: Career Services – Margaret Cambron, Director of Career Services
2:30pm: Academic Support Services – Dr. Shane Armstrong, Dean of Student Success
3:00pm: Logistics: Class Schedule, Buildings, Etc. – Dr. Rebecca Francis, Associate Dean of the College and Dr. Armstrong
Have questions or comments? Contact Shane Armstrong, Dean of Student Success
Dean of Student Success