Consent to Collect and Process Information
When accessing www.kwc.edu, https://cams.kwc.edu/application, https://cams.kwc.edu/online, or sites containing these web addresses, we collect certain information or data about you. The processing of personal data is regulated by various State, Federal, and International regulations. If you would like to submit a request for access to information held about you by Kentucky Wesleyan College or if you have queries or concerns about information held about you by Kentucky Wesleyan College, you may contact the following groups:
1. For any admissions prospects or future students, email [email protected] or call 270-852-31202. For any current students, email [email protected] or call 270-852-31183. For alumni, donors, trustees, etc., email [email protected] or call 270-852-3142
What information is collected automatically?
When you use the Kentucky Wesleyan College website, we put small files known as ‘cookies’ onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site. Cookies are used to:
• Analyze how you use our website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs• Measure how popular and effective our site is to all users• Personalize your online experience
This information includes:
• Details of your IP address• Areas of the site visited and how long you spend on each page• Areas of the site you click on• Information about your computer (the make and model), the browser you are using, your network location, the type of connection you are using
What information do we collect?
• Personal Information that you provide to us such as: name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and other demographic fields that are found on our online forms• Information about the areas of the College you are interested in
You may see this information requested when using the following areas of our site:
• Registering for a campus visit• Completing an inquiry form for more information regarding Kentucky Wesleyan• Completing a form regarding an event• Completing the Admissions Application
What we do with the information collected?
The data collected can be viewed by authorized College staff and 3rd party vendors. Your collected data may be used to:
• Improve the site by monitoring how you use it• Analyze the popularity and impact of our site• Respond to any feedback you send to us• Send emails where you’ve requested them or that we’ve highlighted we’ll send to you• Contact you about the College• Provide you with tailored information• Examine trends, or assist us in the development of admissions events• Provide advertising to you• Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have
We know that you’re sharing and trusting us with your information, so we will not sell, license or trade your personal information to others. However, while we do not provide your personal information to direct marketing companies or other such organizations, the College works with a number of third parties, or companies who act as service providers and “data processors” on our behalf. These third parties are experts in their fields and have been chosen by us for their key services, including their ability to handle sensitive data securely. If you would like to view a list of Kentucky Wesleyan information partners, click here: KWC-Approved-Information-Vendors
Keeping you up-to-date
So that you can learn more about Kentucky Wesleyan College, we’d like to tell you about activities and events from time to time that we think might interest you. We may do this through the US Postal mail, phone, by email, text message, social media, or other electronic means.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. To opt-out, or change your data processing preferences, you can do so by contacting the following:
1. For any admissions prospects or future students, email [email protected] or call 270-852-31202. For alumni, donors, trustees, etc., email [email protected] or call 270-852-3142
If the information that you provide through our website is included in an educational record then we provide access to that information in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), as applicable. In the case of personal information that is not part of your educational records, it is our policy, with certain exceptions, to provide you with access to personal information that is maintained in Kentucky Wesleyan College’s databases. In some cases, our websites allow you to log-in to directly access or correct information you have provided. In other cases, such as web forms that you may submit through our websites, if you would like to obtain a copy of the information you provided, you can contact us at the following:
When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct that information using the contact methods listed above. Exceptions to access and correction rights may include:
• Where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question;• Where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated; or• With respect to individual requests for the correction or deletion of information, in cases where we are otherwise legally required to retain the personal information.
We require that an individual provide reasonable validation of his or her identity before we provide access to personal information from our files. You may request that we delete information that you post on our websites, online services, and applications that is accessible to other users of the website, service or application such as comments, social media posts, or blog entries, either by using the functionality (if any) provided by the website, service, or application that you used to post the information or by contacting the College at the following:
Please specify the information you are requesting that we remove and sufficient information about where you posted it so that we can locate it. Please note that a deletion request may not result in complete or comprehensive removal of the content from our website, service, or application to the extent we are permitted or required by law to retain that information. For example, information may not be removed if we need to maintain the information for legal compliance purposes or if you fail to follow the instructions above, such as by failing to provide sufficient information for us to process your request. Similarly, if information that you posted has been stored, republished or reposted by a third party, or you were compensated for providing the content, that information may not be subject to deletion.
We take a range of measures to protect your information including, but not limited to:
• Limiting access to our buildings and offices• Where applicable, keeping paper copies of your information under lock and key• Use of secure access e.g. firewalls, restricted network access, individual user security controls, encryption to secure file servers
Our websites may contain links to other websites that are outside the College’s control and are not covered by this privacy and consent policy. These websites have their own policies and we do not accept any responsibility or accountability for these policies.
I, , understand and agree to have my information collected and processed by Kentucky Wesleyan College as part of the application process.
Leave this empty:
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Consent to Collect and Process Information
Agree & Sign