Dr. Leslie Korb
Associate Professor of Business
Co Director of Professional Studies
Administration Building 408
- Ph.D. Organization Studies – State University of New York @ Albany
- M.S. Organizational Behavior – University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT
- B. A. Philosophy – Stonehill College, No. Easton, MA
- Principles of Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business & Professional Writing
- Business Ethics
- Compensation & Benefits
- Staffing & Career Development
- Industrial Relations
- Supply Chain Management
- Management Information Systems
- Training and Organizational Development
Papers Presented (Recent)
- Korb, L. “Debate in Business Ethics as a form of assessment.” KWC CETL Spring Conference, May 5, 2016.
- Korb, L. – “Using Case Writing to facilitate student learning.” Faculty Brownbag, Kentucky Wesleyan College, April 2015.
- Korb, L. – “Ceterro Research, Inc.” Faculty Brownbag, Kentucky Wesleyan College, April 2014.
- Korb, L. – “Ceterro Research, Inc.” MBAA. Chicago, IL. February 2012
- Bogan, R. and Korb, L. “Library Access” MBAA. Chicago, IL. March, 2008.
- Korb, L. and Korb, J. “ACCESS to Service” Society for Case Research – Case Workshop – SCR. University of Wisconsin, River Falls. July 2007.
- Korb, L. and Lieberman, G. “Hacked and Attacked”. Society for Case Research – Case Workshop – SCR. University of Wisconsin, River Falls. July 2007.
- Smith, J. (student) and Korb, L.. “Interviews with Leaders: A Field Experience.” Research with an MBA student at Georgian Court University based on an assignment from BU611 Leadership and Power in Organizations. Academic Excellence Night – Georgian Court University. Lakewood, NJ. April 2006.
- Korb, L. “Assimilation: The Government and the Organ Transplantation Network.” American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences. Las Vegas. February 2006.
Professional Growth Activities (Recent)
- Clinical Research Coordinator training – Barnett International – July 20, 2016 through September 21, 2016
- Brightspace D2L training – Kentucky Wesleyan College July 2016
- CAMS Training – Kentucky Wesleyan College August 2016
- IACBE Conference – Memphis, TN – April 12, 2016
- IACBE Assessment Workshop – Kansas City, MO – July 10, 2014
- Strategies and Tips for Teaching Online – Cengage – April 17, 2014 (Webinar)
- Key Issues for Business Schools – HigherEducationWebinars – February 27, 2014
- SHRM College Relations Webinar – November 8, 2013
- Online Learning at Private Colleges and Universities – Learning House webinar – November 12, 2013
Institutional Services Performed July 2013 to Present
- KWC Admissions Committee (first year, 2016)
- KWC Integrity Faculty/Staff Committee (first year, 2016)
- QEP Taskforce
- Zeta Gamma Chi/Kentucky WILD faculty moderator
- IACBE Coordinator for reaffirmation
- Assessment coordinator for Center for Business Studies/KWC
- KWC1101 First Year Experience Instructor
- Teaching Circle, Kentucky Wesleyan College
- Working with Career Development to place Business students in City Hall, and other business entities in Owensboro
- Working to form Student chapter of Society for Human Resource Management
- Sigma Beta Delta faculty advisor
Academic Awards, Honors, & Recognition (Recent)
- Elected: Society for Case Research, President, 2011-2012
- Elected: Society for Case Research, VP, 2010-2011
- Appointment: Society for Case Research, Board of Directors, 2009.
- Outstanding Reviewer, The Case Association, 2009.
- Grant: Georgian Court University for Summer Research relating to Disaster Contingency Planning, 2007.
- Induction into Business Honors Society – Sigma Beta Delta, University of Nebraska at Kearney, NE Chapter – April 21, 2001
- Best Dissertation, University at Albany – SUNY, School of Business: Organization Studies, August 2000
Professionally-related Community Activities
Advisory Board for Owensboro Community Technical College, 2013 to Present