March 12, 2016
For students, parents and counselors – can attend one or both events.
The Academic Spotlight and Open House just got better! The Department of Financial Aid will award three lucky attendees a $500 scholarship to be used for tuition at Kentucky Wesleyan College! Other prizes will also be awarded on March 12!
To be eligible, the student must register for and attend the Academic Spotlight and/or Open House event on March 12. A drawing will take place during the event.
Please note, in order to receive this award, the student must be eligible based on our Financial Aid Policies.
Academic Spotlight Event
- Attend an engaging seminar taught by professors.
- Experience the excitement of college life and ask questions.
- Enjoy lunch with faculty members.
- Learn about four of our dynamic academic programs.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Biology and Chemistry majors have a significant acceptance rate into Health Care programs, and more than 40 Wesleyan alumni are now health care providers in the Owensboro area.
Students are invited to present at area Mathematics Symposium, Kentucky Academy of Science Annual Meeting, among others.
Pre-engineering students obtain two degrees in five years through our dual-degree program.
- Student opportunities include organizations, musical ensembles campus radio, student publications and other hands-on projects.Students collaborate to write, produce and present theater works.
- Vocal and instrumental students experience one-on-one training beginning their first year.
- The latest industry standard graphic design software is offered to gain the skills needed for future internships and careers.
- Kentucky Music Educators Association Teacher of the Year – 2015
Internationally accredited business programs offer a hands-on approach to business—students learn more than theory!
Top average scores in the state on CPA exam; higher pass rate than all public universities in Kentucky!
Faculty members are both experienced teachers and business professionals.
85 percent of students complete internships through local businesses and multinational corporations.
Criminal Justice and Criminology
Wesleyan faculty are experienced in the FBI, military intelligence and correctional professions.
Students prepare to serve their community through in-class preparation and real-world experience through poverty intervention and service learning opportunities.
Hundreds of Wesleyan alumni protect and serve communities in law enforcement across the nation.
- Meet faculty and learn about Wesleyan’s academic programs.
- Meet current students and find out how to get involved.
- Explore our beautiful campus on a guided tour.
- Meet President Bart Darrell.
Schedule for March 12
|9:00 am—9:30 am||Check-in & Continental Breakfast|
|9:30 am—10:00 am||Welcome & Opening Session|
|10:00 am—11:00 am||Academic Showcases|
|Explore the possibilities in one of four focused sessions with our outstanding faculty and students|
|10:30 am—11:00 am||Check-in|
|11:00 am—11:15 am||Welcome|
|11:15 am – Noon||Lunch with President Darrell|
|Noon—2 pm||Campus Tour, Student & Academic Engagement Fair, Parent Overview