Assistant Professor of Marketing & Business
Administration Building 409
- Ph.D. Marketing – University of Memphis
- MBA – University of Central Arkansas 2011
- BS Accounting – Arkansas Tech University 2010
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Management
- International Business
Conferences and Presentations
- Peasley, Michael, Joshua T. Coleman, and John A. Narcum (2016), “Leveraging Cause-Marketing as an Organizational Strategy: Exploring the Impact on Job Seekers,” Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference, Orlando, FL, May 18-20.
- Coleman, Joshua T., Michael C. Peasley, and John A. Narcum (2015), “Donating to the Underdog: The Impact of Persuasion Knowledge on Strategic Decisions in a Cause-Related Marketing Context,” 2015 Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference (Summer AMA).
- Coleman, Joshua T. and John A. Narcum (2014), “Paying More to Help the Poor: Can Cause-Related Marketing Mitigate Perceptions of Price Unfairness?,” ADVANCES IN MARKETING, 303.
- Amini, Mehdi, Carol Bienstock, and John A. Narcum, “Status of Corporate Sustainability: A Content Analysis of Fortune 500 Companies,” Preliminary Research findings presented by lead author at Sustainable Supply Chain Management: CSCMP Mid-South Regional Roundtable, Memphis, Tennessee, April, 2014 (non refereed).
- Narcum, John A. and Cody T. Havard, “Twitter Transgressions and their Impact on an Athlete’s Brand,” Sport Psychology Forum, Bowling Green, Kentucky, February, 2014 (non refereed).
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Narcum, John A. and Joshua T. Coleman (2015), “You Can’t Fool Me! Or Can You? Assimilation and Contrast Effects on Consumers’ Evaluations of Product Authenticity in the Online Environment,” Journal of Asian Business Strategy, 5(9), 200-207.
- Narcum, John A., Cody T. Havard, Kevin H. Mason (2016), “The Impacts of Twitter Transgressions on an Athlete’s Brand,” Journal of Business Administration Online (JBAO), Fall 2016.
Awards & Services
- Outstanding M.B.A. Student (University of Central Arkansas)
- Garry K. Burris Outstanding Accounting Graduate (Arkansas Tech University)
- Summer Research Grant (2012)
- The University of Memphis MSCM Department’s representative at the SMA Doctoral Consortium (November, 2014)
- U of M Ph.D. Student Liaison for the Southeast Doctoral Marketing Symposium (Spring 2013)
- SMA Article Reviewer (2015)
Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society