Kentucky Wesleyan College awards six scholarships of $4000 per year to aspiring teachers. The Pyles Scholarships are made possible through the generosity of Luellen Pyles, a 1944 graduate of Kentucky Wesleyan, who taught English and Spanish in Ohio and Kentucky public schools from 1944 – 1953. Pyles, a Maysville resident who passed away in December 2014, was a longtime college trustee whose bequest of over $4 million is one of the largest estate gifts in the College’s history.
- Students entering the Teacher Education Program at Kentucky Wesleyan
- 3.0 GPA
- ACT score of 21 or higher
- An essay related to the field of education will be submitted and scored by faculty members and members of the Teacher Education Advisory Committee (TEAC).
- Deadline to apply is January 18, 2019
- Maintain a minimum of 12 hours full time status each semester (will not include summer courses)
Must maintain standards of the Teacher Ed program including C or higher in all Education and support courses and a minimum GPA of 2.75 overall and in all Teacher Ed core/major areas.