Vice President of Student Affairs
More about Dean McQueen-Ruark
- Rebecca McQueen-Ruark was named Vice President of Student Affairs in July 2019. Becca joined Kentucky Wesleyan as the Director of the Sophomore Experience in May of 2014, and moved in to the Dean of Students position in June 2016. Becca provides strategic leadership for most things related to the students’ experience outside of the classroom at Wesleyan – residence life, student activities and organizations, health services and counseling, student conduct, and campus safety. Her priority is making sure that all Wesleyan students successfully earn their degree while also participating in experiences that allow them to grow into the leaders that the world needs.
- Becca came to Wesleyan from Pfeiffer University in Misenheimer, NC where she served as the Assistant Dean of Students and where she was named an Honorary Alumnus for her five years of dedication and service to the University. Prior to that, Becca worked in residence life at Elon University and Meredith College. She earned a bachelor of arts degree in Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a master of arts in College Student Development from Appalachian State University. Becca and her husband, Matthew, have two dogs – Eddie and Gracie in addition to well-loved nieces and nephews.
Director of Residence Life
Director of Counseling Services
More about Terri Petzold
- Terri Petzold joined our Kentucky Wesleyan team in August, 2018 and established the first-ever office of counseling services for students on campus. Her primary goal has been to decrease the stigma behind mental health issues while increasing awareness of mental health wellness throughout the campus community. Through clinical services she helps students discover values and skills needed to relieve stressors, promote healthy relationships, and make good decisions. In addition to offering individual, couples, and group sessions, Terri promotes a “campus of care culture” by offering various mental health programs and training opportunities to students, faculty, coaches and staff.
- Terri earned her Master of Social Work degree from Western Kentucky University and graduated Summa Cum Laude from WKU with a Bachelor of Social Work. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the Kentucky Board of Social Work and is credentialed as a Temporary Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor through the Kentucky Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors. She is married, has 2 children and 3 grandchildren. Terri enjoys spending time with her family, reading, horseback riding, and needlework.
Director of Student Involvement
More about Michael McComas
- Michael McComas has been at Kentucky Wesleyan College since October 2017. His first day at Wesleyan was one to remember when he served as a judge for the Homecoming Panther Cup Lip Sync competition. He received his bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from Eureka College and master’s degree in College Student Personnel Administration from Illinois State University. Michael serves as the Director of Student Involvement overseeing Greek Life, Student Involvement, Student Organizations, and Alternative Breaks at Kentucky Wesleyan College.Michael enjoys Marvel and DC movies and television shows, Marvel having the best cinematic universe to date, as well as Dr. Who, all three of which adorn the walls of his office. If a Midnight Movie has a new Marvel or DC movie listed, Michael roots for it to be selected by the student body. “With great power, comes great responsibility.” Students have the power to make their experience at Wesleyan great and Michael has made it his responsibility to help make those great experiences happen.Michael and his husband, Ethan, live in Owensboro with their fur babies Chance and Hope.
Administrative Assistant for Student Life
More about Tony Hardesty
- Owensboro native Anthony David “Tony” Hardesty joined the Wesleyan family in October, 2014 as an Information Desk Supervisor in the Greenwell Library. Tony moved to Program Assistant at the Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning (CETL) in 2016, before joining Student Services in September of 2019. Tony enjoys spending time with his wife, Julie and sons Sam and Nathan. Tony is an avid vinyl record collector and music buff, and his other interests include linguistics, socio-economic theory, and dad jokes.
Andrea Denise Bolden
Director of Equity and Inclusion, Title IX Coordinator
Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning
More about Andrea Denise Bolden
- Andrea Denise Bolden is from Elizabethtown, KY and joined the Kentucky Wesleyan College campus community as the new coordinator of equity and inclusion in January 2021. In this role, she works with the Student Affairs team and oversees and facilitate programming and processes related to diversity, inclusion and discrimination in order to help all Wesleyan community members feel a sense of belonging at support on our campus. She also serves as the Title IX Coordinator. All of her professional experiences have been rooted in early childhood education, student affairs and higher education, the foster care and behavioral health sector, as well as some non-profit work. She believes KWC is a great place dedicated to helping students excel inside and outside of the classroom. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, pageants, entrepreneurial/leadership endeavors, reading books.
Student Life Coordinator