Welcome to the KWC Campus Post Office!
|Shelly Roth, Postal Coordinator & Summer Camps Director |
Winchester Post Office
We know this is the digital age, but it’s hard to get your mom’s chocolate chip cookies with a text message.
To pick up your cookies – or take care of any other mail or package need (including UPS and FedEx) – visit us in the Winchester Center next to the bookstore. Your student mailbox is here, and you have access to it anytime.
Our full-service post office is open 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Check out the rest of this page for more important mailing information, and please email or call if you have any questions at email@example.com or 270-852-3313. Thanks!
Post office capabilities:
• Sell stamps
• Ship and receive packages (US Mail, UPS and FedEx)
• Mail letters
• Sell regular envelopes for $.10.
• Priority Mail (2-3 days)
• Parcel Post (2-7 days)
• Certified Mail
• Insured Mail
• Delivery & signature confirmation
• Flat rate boxes
All incoming mail should be addressed in this manner:
Joe or Jane Student
Kentucky Wesleyan College
3000 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
The mailbox number is not required for any incoming mail.
1. All full time students (residential and commuters) are required to have a mailbox on campus. No mail will be delivered without a mailbox. Failure to secure a mailbox will result in a $25 fine and/or 10 hours community service. Mailboxes are optional for part-time students.
2. There is a $10.00 refundable deposit for each mailbox key to be paid during final registration. After this date, the student will need to pay the deposit in the Post Office.
3. All key deposits are refundable at the end of each academic year or at the time of withdrawal.
4. If a student loses or damages his or her original key, the student will be required to pay an additional $10.00 fee for a replacement. The student is eligible for a refund of the most recent $10.00 deposit. The Post Office will need to be notified of any lost or damaged keys so the Postal Coordinator can track the number of duplicates that need to be made.
5. It is important to return the key at the end of the academic year, as mailboxes will be reassigned at the beginning of each school year. Failure to turn in your mailbox key by July 1 will result in a $50 fine and forfeiture of your key deposit.
6. When someone receives a package that will not fit in the mailbox, a “package slip” will be put in the mailbox to notify the student to pick up a package. The package slip and picture ID will need to be shown in order to pick up a package -- no exceptions.
7. When students leave campus (i.e. graduate, withdraw, or go home for the summer), it is their responsibility to notify all institutions sending mail (i.e. banks, credit card companies, magazines) of their new address. If students request that mail be forwarded somewhere other than their parents’ home (or other permanent address on file), they must contact the Postal Coordinator via e-mail. The college will not be held liable for non-forwarded mail. According to the United States Postal Service (USPS), “A change of address may not be filed with the USPS for an individual’s mail addressed to an organization…” (USPS F020.1.4) Since the USPS considers Kentucky Wesleyan College an organization, this applies to our students, faculty and staff.