QEP Writing Rubric Training – Wednesday August 21
2:00 – 5:00pm
All faculty (except faculty new Fall 2019) who have not yet been trained will be invited.
Calibration workshop – Friday August 23
10:00am to 2:00pm (lunch provided) – reviewers will receive an invite
Kentucky Wesleyan College’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), WE-Writing through Engagement, will strengthen student writing. The ability to communicate effectively in writing is fundamental in today’s professional world. The WE QEP will improve student writing through three specific engagement experiences:
(3) Research, Scholarly and Creative Work
WE- Writing through Engagement has two overarching goals:
(1) improve student writing through engagement and
(2) prepare students to achieve success in life
The QEP focuses first and foremost on students; therefore, the goals are centered on eight student learning and student development outcomes.
WE- Writing through Engagement centers on what we know about teaching and learning:
(1) the importance of writing to students’ future endeavors;
(2) the effectiveness of experiential learning in deepening learning and making connections between classroom content and real world experiences;
(3) the improvements in student personal development and skills as a result of participation in these experiential learning situations; and
(4) the increase in students becoming more confident in their abilities and career goals