2022 New Student Orientation – August 20 – 22, 2022
New Student Orientation is an academic and social experience to assist incoming students with their transition into Kentucky Wesleyan College. Because of the importance of material presented at New Student Orientation, it is a required activity for all new, incoming students.
Before arriving for New Student Orientation, please complete the following:
- Pay your deposits—Housing ($100.00) and Mailbox ($10.00)
- Parking Pass—Go to kwc.thepermitstore.com and complete the online process. We will have the forms waiting for you when you arrive
- Student Portal—Log on to the portal. Through the portal you should be able to check your schedule, financial aid, housing assignment and much more. This is an easy way to verify your information and get in touch with your professors
- Financial Aid—Call or visit our Financial Aid Office to ensure everything is settled regarding your account. Phone number: 270-852-3120
- Bill/Payment Questions—Call Kimberly Johnson in our Business Office. Phone number: 270-852-3108
- Renters Insurance—Check with your homeowners insurance and see if your possessions are covered when you live in a residence hall. If not, consider Renters insurance. Generally, this type of insurance is very inexpensive and easy way to protect your personal possessions.
Freshman/New Student Orientation
Schedule of Events
New Student Orientation August 2022
Saturday, August 20
10:00am-12:00pm Residential Student Check-in
Students living on campus move into their residence halls during this time period after completing all necessary clearances in the Winchester Center. Student leaders, faculty, and staff will be on hand to welcome students and families and assist them with moving belongings into your new home.
2:00pm-3:00pm Commuter Student Check-in
Commuter students check-in at Rogers Hall in the Winchester Center.
3:00pm First Orientation Group Meeting
(wear your new Orientation T- shirt and your group bracelet)
Student Orientation Staff (SOSers) will meet with their orientation groups for the first time in the Quad and then move to break-out locations.
Convocation serves as the introduction of all new students into the college community. This event will take place in Young Auditorium of the Wells Activity Center. At Convocation faculty, students, and administrators will officially welcome new students to the community. This event serves as a “bookend” to each student’s collegiate experience, with convocation as the opening ceremony and commencement as the final goal.
5:00/5:30pm Farewell Family Dinner – Front Lawn
- (Immediately following convocation)
Families, please join us for one last dinner with your student before you leave them to begin their college journey.
7:00pm PLAYFAIR! Young Auditorium – Wells Activity Center
“PLAYFAIR” is the most popular campus attraction in history for New Student Orientation Programs. PLAYFAIR is totally unlike anything else you have ever experienced. It’s entertainment! It’s fun! It’s the perfect way to make new campus friendships!
9:00pm/9:30pm Residence Hall meetings
All students living in residence halls must attend the meeting in their building.
Sunday, August 21
10:00am Welcome Worship Service – Young Auditorium – Wells Activity Center
Join us to celebrate the beginning of the school year with a special worship service in Young Auditorium.
11:00am-1:00pm Brunch in the Cafeteria
1:00pm: Class of 2026 Group Photo – Steele Stadium (30 minutes)
All new students will gather on the Football Field to take a class photo.
1:30pm -5:00pm Block sessions I
5:30 pm Dinner with Orientation Groups in Hocker Dining Hall
All new students will meet their orientation groups in the dining hall for dinner.
7:00pm Sexual Assault Program –The “C” Word: Consent
The C-Word: Consent is a highly interactive, Title IX-compliant, educational program brought to you by the creators of America’s No. 1 alcohol awareness program, A Shot of Reality. This program uses a combination of audience interaction, improv exercises, and thoroughly researched information to break down walls and have a frank, difficult, but needed conversation about sex.
9:00pm Orientation Group Meeting
Students will meet in their orientation groups for an end of day reflection and activity.
Monday, August 22
- 9:00am-12:00pm Volunteer Activities
12:00-2:00pm Lunch with Orientation Groups
2:00pm-5:00pm Block Sessions II
5:30pm Dinner in Hocker Dining Hall
6:00pm Student Involvement Fair and Ice Cream Social
Join us on the Quad for the Student Involvement Fair, sponsored by your Student Government Association (SGA). Student organizations will host tables where you can learn about available activities and benefits of membership. Ice cream will be provided and each organization will provide toppings.
Tuesday, August 23
- First day of Classes!
Freshman/New Student Family Orientation Schedule
Schedule of Events
Transfer Student Orientation
- Transfer Student Orientation
- Schedule TBD