All automobiles parked on campus by Wesleyan students, faculty, and staff must be registered in the Student Services Office. Students may register their vehicles online at kwc.thepermitstore.com or by going to the Student Services Office. Beginning June 2020, there will be separate permits issued for commuter and residential vehicles. Commuters will use the Hahn lot as well as the eastern half (Administrative Building-side) of the Scherm Rd. Winchester parking lot. Residents may use all other lots. Failure to park it the lot appropriate for your permit will result in a ticket. A parking permit is non-transferable and may only be displayed in the vehicle to which it is registered. The parking permit must be visible and attached to the front windshield at all times when it is parked on campus.
General Policies Concerning Traffic Regulations
- Vehicles shall be parked in the lots in the spaces indicated by parking lines on both sides. In case of curb parking, all vehicles are to be parked in the direction of the traffic flow and not in “No Parking” zones (indicated by yellow markings).
- Parking in visitor, handicapped, or spaces designated for residence life staff is prohibited and will result in ticketing and potentially towing.
- All vehicles shall observe speed limits and all traffic signs.
- Motorcycles are classified as motor vehicles and must be registered in the Student Services Office. Motorcycles, mopeds, and scooters must observe traffic and parking regulations and are not to be operated on sidewalks or campus lawns.
- All students involved in traffic accidents on campus should contact the Owensboro Police Department (OPD) at 270-687-8888 to file a police report for insurance purposes, and the accident should also be reported to the Student Services Office.
- Campus streets and parking lots are maintained and policed by the city of Owensboro. The Student Services Office has no authority for parking or speeding tickets issued by OPD.
- Vehicles found in violation of campus parking regulations will be ticketed and a fine will be assessed.
- After three unresolved parking tickets, the vehicle may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Any fines assessed that are unpaid may result in a delay in the registration process.
- Vehicles parked in a restricted area will be towed, at the owner’s expense. Failure to pay the towing charge will result in a hold being placed on the student’s academic transcript.
- These rules shall apply at all times.