Academic Advising at Kentucky Wesleyan College is a partnership between faculty and the Office of Academic Advising. The Office of Academic Advising provides guidance and assistance to faculty and students on the specifics of the curriculum, programs, and requirements for graduation.
WHO IS MY ADVISOR?
Many faculty serve as the primary academic advisor for students. Some majors may be advised by the Office of Academic Advising.
- Freshmen students – First-time freshmen are advised by the instructor of their KW 101 Freshman Seminar class.
- Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors – may be advised by a primary faculty advisor or a professional advisor from the Office of Academic Advising.
- Currently, all Undecided majors as well as Exercise Science and Fitness and Wellness majors are advised by the Office of Academic Advising.
- Transfer students – Initial advising of transfer students will be conducted by the Office of Academic Advising.
If you do know know the name of your advisor, you can ask in the Registrar Office (1st floor ADM) or the Office of Academic Advising (2nd floor ADM).
WHAT ARE THE SERVICES OF THE OFFICE OF ACADEMIC ADVISING?
We do not replace your primary faculty academic advisor (except for those students listed above). But we can provide additional assistance with general advising issues such as:
- course scheduling,
- campus resources,
- degree planning,
- graduation applications,
- change of major, and
- answers to commonly asked questions.