Apply for financial aid at fafsa.ed.gov.
When applying for the FAFSA students and parents (if applicable) will create an FSA ID username and password. You will also need this FSA ID when applying for Federal Student Loans. If you forget or need to update this information you can do so at fsaid.ed.gov.
**Note: When creating your FSA ID it is best not to use a high school email address because they expire once you graduate.
Basic eligibility requirements to receive financial aid are:
- Must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Must have a valid Social Security number/Alien Registration Number
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must register for selective service if male and age 18-25
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or graduate from an approved home school
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
- Cannot be in default status on a federal student loan or owe any type of Title IV payment