Kentucky Wesleyan College considers all full-time, on campus students for merit financial aid when students are granted admission to the College. Other forms of institutional scholarships (athletic, talent, connection, etc.) are determined through specific processes according to the department. The Financial Aid Office is the key resource for all students, prospective and current, to learn more about opportunities for financial assistance.
To ensure students receive as much aid as they qualify for, the Financial Aid Office recommends all students submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Submit the FAFSA at studentaid.gov.
When submitting the FAFSA, students and parents (if applicable) will create an FSA ID username and password. You will also need this FSA ID when applying for Federal Student Loans. If you forget or need to update this information you can do so at studentaid.gov.
**Note: When creating your FSA ID, it is best not to use a high school email address because these typically expire once you graduate from high school.
Basic eligibility requirements to receive federal financial aid are:
- Must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Must have a valid Social Security number/Alien Registration Number
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must register for selective service if male and age 18-25
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or graduate from an approved home school
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
- Cannot be in default status on a federal student loan or owe any type of Title IV payment
If you are a current student looking to take summer classes, please apply for summer financial aid here.