The National Weather Service (NWS) Paducah Office and Daviess County Emergency Management will be holding a public commemoration ceremony in observance of the 20 Year Anniversary of the January 3, 2000 Owensboro Tornado.
Location: Kentucky Wesleyan College (KWC) Winchester Campus Community Center – Rogers Hall
Date/Time: Friday, January 3, 2020 / 10:00 A.M.
– 10 minutes: Opening remarks
– 15 minutes: Brief meteorological review of the event (track map, warning, radar imagery, damage photos, video)
– 10 minutes: Remarks from citizens impacted greatly by the event
– 10 minutes: closing remarks
– 30 minutes: open mic for public comments
– Displays: pictures and memorabilia from the tornado
– Facebook Live
– Introduction/Opening Remarks: Former Judge/Executive Reid Haire, Former Mayor and City Manager Ron Payne, and DCEMA Director Andy Ball
– Meteorological overview: NWS Paducah Lead Meteorologist Rick Shanklin
– Local Impacts: Two impacted residents to be determined
– Closing Remarks: Former DCEMA Director Richard Payne
– Open Mic: available to all attendees (limited to 2 minutes/person)
– Displays open for viewing throughout the event