Includes top honors for best overall practices in fundraising
Kentucky Wesleyan College’s Office of Advancement has enjoyed record-breaking success over the last two years as the College’s donor base has grown from 1,337 to over 1,800 contributors. Their efforts paid off as Wesleyan earned ten statewide awards from the Kentucky chapter of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) at last week’s annual CASE Kentucky conference in Louisville.
Wesleyan won the Grand Award, given to the top performing institution, in the category of Overall Best Practices in Fundraising, and also took home a Grand Award for Print and Digital Publications for its President’s Circle marketing materials. The President’s Circle initiative was launched in 2015 to begin recognizing those who contribute $1,000 or more to the institution on an annual basis.
“We are honored to be chosen by our peers as not only having exhibited the best overall fundraising practices in Kentucky, but also for being recognized for excellence in many other categories,” said Tom Keith, Wesleyan’s vice president for advancement. “Our dedicated staff works very hard and we take tremendous pride in Kentucky Wesleyan and the impact it has on young people,” he added. “We couldn’t do it without the tremendous support of alumni and friends of the College.”
In addition to the two Grand Awards, Wesleyan also earned the following accolades:
Awards of Excellence
- Electronic and Digital Media (Marketing/Branding Video) for Institutional Commercial
- Electronic and Digital Media (Total Website Design & Organization) for Website Design
- Programs and Projects (Special Event) for the Inaugural President’s Gala
- Graphic Design (Specialty Piece) for President’s Gala Print Materials
Special Merit Awards
- Electronic and Digital Media (Fundraising Video) for the President’s Circle Celebration Video
- Print and Digital Publications for the Fall 2016 edition of Kentucky Wesleyan Magazine
- Graphic Design (Single-Page Publication or Flier) for its 2015 Day of Service/Giving Tuesday Infographic
- Graphic Design (Specialty Piece) for the Homecoming 2015 Brochure
These awards come on the heels of five awards the school earned at the 2015 conference, in addition to a CASE District III Award of Excellence in Graphic Design.
CASE is an international association of educational institutions and the advancement professionals who work on their behalf in the areas of alumni relations, communications, development, marketing and allied areas. The 2017 CASE Kentucky conference will take place December 7-8 in Lexington.