All students who wish to apply for any form of financial assistance (federal, state or institutional grants, scholarships, loans or employment) must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid-FAFSA.
Kentucky Wesleyan College FAFSA school code = 001969
The U. S. Department of Education processes the FAFSA. The result provides the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which is used to determine the student’s eligibility for need-based financial assistance. Financial need is defined as the difference between the cost of attendance and the EFC.
In order to receive financial aid funds administered by KWC Financial Aid Office, the student must be admitted to and enrolled in a degree-granting program (transient students and students admitted with “special student” status are not eligible for financial aid).
Other eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- Must be enrolled at least half time (KWC funds are available to full-time students only). Pell-eligible students may receive Pell grants for less-than-half-time enrollment.
- Must not be in default on any prior student loan(s) or owe a refund on a federal grant.
- Must not have been rendered ineligible for federal aid as determined by the FAFSA.
- If required by law to do so, must be registered with the Selective Service and/or the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Financial aid at Kentucky Wesleyan College is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance. Academic policies and requirements are described in the Kentucky Wesleyan College Academic Bulletin, section IV:Academic Regulations and Policies.
Students are responsible for reading and applying the prescribed policies.