Dr. Diane Earle
Professor Emeritus of Music
Ralph Center for the Arts #135
- D.M.A. in Piano Performance & Literature, The Ohio State University
- D.M.A. study in piano, Eastman School of Music
- M.M. in Piano, The Ohio State University
- B.M. in Piano, College-Conservatory of Music, University of Cincinnati
Areas of Instruction
- Applied Music–Piano
- Piano Pedagogy
- Piano Literature
- Music Appreciation
- Music History
- Founder and Director of “Panther Pianists” Community Outreach Program
Dr. Diane Earle has performed in thirteen countries and thirty-one states. Recent performances have included 3 extensive China tours, 9 European tours, Carnegie Hall, the Kennedy Center, KET (Kentucky Educational Television), Owensboro Symphony Orchestra, Kentucky Arts Council, the Kaufman Center (NYC), Hawaii University International Conference in Arts and Humanities (HI), Sioux City Chamber Association (IA), Canton Cultural Center (OH), Henderson Fine Arts Center (KY), St. Meinrad Archabbey (IN), Tippecanoe Chamber Music Society (IN), Pennyrile Piano Teachers Association (KY), Asheville Symphony Guild (NC), Straz Center (FL), The Mansion at Strathmore (DC), Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games (KY), and Atlanta (GA). She is Ambassador to the Nyali Music School & Center in Mombasa, Kenya (http://www.nyalimusicschools.org/). Earle also partners frequently with violinist Alfred Abel of Indianapolis in chamber music recitals.
- Kentucky Arts Council Featured Artist, May/June 2016.
- Kentucky Arts Council Performing Arts on Tour Directory Artist.
- Kentucky Music Educators Association “College/University Teacher of the Year” Award, and “Friend of Music” Award.
- Kentucky Wesleyan College President’s Award for Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership, 2009.
- Selected Grand Marshall of the 2014 Owensboro Christmas Parade.
- Music Director, Settle Memorial United Methodist Church, Owensboro, KY.
- Principal Pianist, Owensboro Symphony Orchestra. Presenter of “Around the world with Music,” “Reading, Writing, and Rachmaninoff,” and “Symphony Live” OSO educational programs.
- Instructor for RiverPark Center “Arts in the A.M.” educational programs for public school students.
- Performances on multiple CDs and DVDs.
Hobbies and Interests: Playing piano, singing, travel, gardening, reading
Favorite Book: The Bible
Favorite Quote: “Do it big, do it right, and do it with style.” –Fred Astaire