“Don’t be afraid to ask for help alleviating the financial burden. CETL has many scholarships available and many people are willing to donate to help young people travel.” –Natalie Mercer-Payne
Finding the money for Study Abroad is often the biggest challenge. Kentucky Wesleyan College will do everything we can to help you. Financing your trip can be through:
Financial Aid – if you receive federal or state financial aid (Pell grant, for example), your aid may be used to study abroad. There are limitations, so check with the Financial Aid office.
Wesleyan scholarships and grants – we have 2 programs for students planning to study abroad. Apply for these through the Study Abroad Office.
- Heuser Grants – these grants may be used for tuition and other costs
- Dearing Global Outlook Fund – may NOT be used for tuition but can be used for incidental and other costs (airfare, living expenses, eg.)
|Heuser Grant||Dearing Global Outlook Fund|
|Maximum $500 for short term study
Maximum $1,200 for long-term study
External scholarships or grants – many study abroad organizations offer financial support if you study through their programs. Be sure to ask. There are also other grants available.
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship –up to $5,000
- U.S. Fulbright Student Program
- Boren Scholarships & Fellowship up to $20,000 (requires a commitment to work for the federal government for 1 year in the national security arena)
- Scott’s Cheap Flights Study Abroad Scholarship – $1000
Service One Credit Union Summer Study Abroad Scholarship Service One Credit Union will award $2,000 in study abroad scholarships to students participating in summer study abroad programs. Students with a 2.5 GPA or higher who are members of the SOCU, or have an immediate family member who is a member, are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to students from underrepresented groups.
Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society awards 50 grants of $1000 to high achieving undergraduate study abroad students each year. Membership is not required to apply; however, applicants must have a 3.75 GPA
Follow us on
Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning l [email protected] l 270-852-3254