If you receive federal or state financial aid (Pell grant, for example), your aid may be used to study abroad. There are limitations, so check with the Financial Aid office.
Kentucky Wesleyan scholarships and grants
We have 2 programs for students planning to study abroad. Apply for these through the Study Abroad Office by contacting email@example.com.
- Hauser Grants – these grants may be used for tuition and other costs
- Dearing Global Outlook Fund – may NOT be used for tuition but can be used for incidental and other costs (airfare, living expenses, eg.)
|Hauser Grant||Dearing Global Outlook Fund|
|Maximum $500 for short term study
Maximum $1,200 for long-term study
External scholarships or grants
Many study abroad organizations offer financial support if you study through their programs. Be sure to ask. There are also other grants available.
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship –up to $5,000
- U.S. Fulbright Student Program
- Boren Scholarships & Fellowship up to $20,000 (requires a commitment to work for the federal government for 1 year in the national security arena)
- CIEE Scholarships