You can study abroad in a couple of ways – through Kentucky Wesleyan College faculty-led programs and with third-party organizations and schools external to us.
Faculty-led study trips
Wesleyan currently has a study abroad partnership with Brescia University. Every May, Wesleyan and Brescia faculty lead students on an international trip booked through Explorica. The trip fee includes all airfare and transportation, lodging, tours, and most meals. The trip is associated with an optional course, SA 300 Study Abroad, that students can take to learn about the cultures at the trip destinations, expectations when traveling internationally, and how to be a global citizen.
Central Europe trip led by science faculty Dr. Rachel Pritchard.
Upcoming Faculty-Led Trips
*May 11-25, 2022 Ireland and Scotland: www.explorica.com/Besing-9653
*May 14-25, 2023 Australia and New Zealand: www.explorica.com/Besing-8115
*May 8-18, 2024 Vietnam, Cambodia, & Thailand: www.explorica.com/Besing-1774
Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Programs we have worked with:
- Harlaxton College-University of Evansville partnership— Harlaxton College in Great Britain partners with the University of Evansville for study abroad in several disciplines. Wesleyan students have studied abroad in this program and have had unforgettable experiences. Check it out!
- KIIS – Kentucky Institute for International Study – based at Western Kentucky University, KIIS offers programs in non-English speaking countries. But don’t let that discourage you! KIIS courses are taught in English by faculty from US, mostly Kentucky, universities and colleges. Often, there will be an optional course in the language of the site country. KIIS offers both long-term (semester) and short-term (3-6 weeks) programs around the world. Popular KIIS programs include Tanzania, Spain and Italy.
- ISA – International Study Abroad
- AIFS – American Institute for Foreign Study
- CIEE Study Abroad
- Sol Education Abroad – Focuses on study abroad in Spanish language-speaking areas.
- NATUCATE – Study Abroad program focusing on internships and education dealing with wildlife conservation and nature.
- Go Overseas
- Oceans Research offers an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students around the world to join its team of researchers in Mossel Bay, South Africa. We collaborate with numerous South African and international universities on a wide range on research projects.
- US Students Abroad (from U.S. Department of State)
Follow us on
Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning l email@example.com l 270-852-3254