A full listing of residence hall regulations is listed in the Student Handbook every student receives access to upon entrance to Kentucky Wesleyan College. Both residential and commuting students are responsible for familiarizing themselves with these residence hall regulations.
The following are some general residence hall regulations:
- Students are not allowed to use or have in their possession alcoholic beverages, alcoholic beverage containers (whether full or empty), illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia anywhere on campus including residence hall rooms.
- Members of the opposite gender are allowed in the residence halls only during open visitation hours which are as follows:
Sunday through Thursday: 11:00 a.m. until midnight
Friday and Saturday: 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 a.m.
- Students are responsible for the behavior of their non-student guests when on campus Smoking is not permitted on campus.
- Pets (with the exception of fish in an aquarium) are not allowed in the residence halls.
Things to share with your roommate:
☑ TV and entertainment devices
☑ 1 Refrigerator (2 amps or less) and 1 microwave (700 watts or less)
☑ Shelving, Carpet/Rugs, Decorations
Items not permitted due to serious fire hazard include, but are not limited to:
- Hot plates
- George Foreman grills
- Power tools, saws, large mowing blades, etc.
- Toaster ovens
- Crock pots
- Space heaters
- Candles, candle burners or oil burners (not allowed in the halls, even if they are not or have not been burnt)
- Halogen lamps
- Any appliance with an open heating element