Transfer Students

Have you just completed an Associate’s and are looking to finish a Bachelor’s? Are you looking to be closer to home (maybe farther from home?) Looking for a change of scenery or maybe a change of major? If you answered yes to any of these questions, transferring to Kentucky Wesleyan could be the right move for you!

Here at Kentucky Wesleyan, we strive to assist all students in completing their degree in a timely manner to allow students to achieve their goals and begin their careers. This applies to our transfer students. We know that transferring comes with a lot of questions: What credits transfer? What scholarships am I eligible for? Where can I live? How long will it take to complete my degree? We will do our best to go above and beyond in answering these questions and providing any information that may help you make this decision.

With that in mind, there are a few materials that we need from every transfer student to help us with this process. Please see below for an explanation of everything we need, from your application all the way through matriculation, to make sure you are successful.

The Transfer Process

We want to make your transfer process as easy as possible. Applying online will expedite your application process – and it’s free! Here’s what you do:


  • Step 1: Apply!

    • If you are interested in attending Wesleyan on campus, complete an online application through our website. You can also apply using the Common Application.
    • If you are interested in attending Wesleyan online, complete an application here. We currently do not offer a hybrid between on-campus and online courses.
    • If you are transferring to Wesleyan as an international student, start here.
    • The Office of Admissions reserves the right to request additional information or a personal interview.
    • Financial Aid

    • Submit your FAFSA at You do not have to wait until you are admitted to Kentucky Wesleyan to apply for financial aid. The earlier you apply, the better chance you have that funds will be available. This is especially important for Kentucky residents to ensure you receive the best opportunities for
      financial aid.
    • To ensure that we receive your FAFSA information, indicate our institutional code (001969) in the Federal School Code field and indicate whether you plan to live on or off-campus.


  • Step 2: Submit your materials

    • 1. I am interested in transferring to KWC and am currently attending a college. I have not attended any college besides the one where I’m currently enrolled.
    • We will need an unofficial transcript from the college where you are currently enrolled showing all classes taken and those in progress. We will also need an official transcript** from your high school.
    • 2. I am interested in transferring to KWC. I’m currently attending a college and have attended X number of colleges before this one.
    • We will need an unofficial transcript from the college where you are currently enrolled showing all classes taken and those in progress. We will also need an official transcript** from the last school where you completed college before your current college, as well as unofficial transcripts from any other college you have attended.
    • 3. I am interested in transferring to KWC. I am not currently attending any college.
    • We will need an official transcript** from the most recent college you attended. We will also need an unofficial transcript from any other college you have attended.

      Requesting high school transcript or GED – Depending on the above, you can send your unofficial or official transcript** ( If you enroll at KWC we will need a final, official transcript** that shows your final grades and a graduation date. Oftentimes you can request this transcript through or you can always call your high school and ask them the best way to request a transcript for a college.

    • Requesting individual college transcripts – We will need transcripts from each college you have taken classes at, including dual-credit classes. As mentioned above, the most recent completed transcript will need to be official** and others can be unofficial, but we will need official transcripts** with final grades from all schools before classes start. Most transcripts can be ordered at or If you cannot find your school listed on either of these websites, you can google “*school name* transcript request.”For your file to be processed you must submit an official transcript** from the most recent institution where you completed classes.
    • **For a transcript to be official it must be sent by the institution (high school or college) directly to Kentucky Wesleyan. Anything sent by you (the student) is automatically deemed unofficial.

  • Step 3: I’m admitted, now what?

    • Financial Aid

    • When your application is processed you will automatically be awarded a merit-based scholarship. If you have completed your FAFSA ( for the appropriate school year and included KWC on your FAFSA (School Code: 001969), our Financial Aid team will work on a package.
    • Campus Visit

    • You can also schedule a campus visit at If you attend an on-campus visit through the Admissions Office, you will receive our Campus Visit Grant of $1,000!
    • Transcript Evaluation

    • Once we have all your college transcripts (including an official from your current/most recent college) our registrar’s office can begin a transcript evaluation to show how your classes transfer to KWC.


  • Step 4: Submit your enrollment deposit

    • Deposit

    • Students must submit an enrollment deposit according to their status. Students in online programs or commuting to campus submit a $100 enrollment deposits, residential students submit a $200 enrollment deposit and international students submit a $600 deposit.
    • Deposits for the Fall semester are refundable until May 1. Deposits for Spring and Summer semesters/terms are nonrefundable.
    • Transcripts

    • Once you are committed, it is time to make sure that ALL your transcripts are final and official! Remember, this means it has to come directly from the institution to KWC and it must show all final grades. Final, official transcripts are required to attend KWC. If we do not have all final, official transcripts you may be ejected from the college.


  • Step 5: Submit required forms


  • Step 6: Register for classes

    • Students register for classes in mid-April for the Fall semester and mid-November for the Spring semester. Once you are deposited, an advisor will reach out after registration opens to discuss a schedule and get you signed up.
    • Please reach out if you have not heard from an advisor by May if you are applying for the Fall semester or after Thanksgiving if you are applying for the Spring semester.

Contact Us

If you have any questions or need more information about transfer admission to Kentucky Wesleyan College, please contact:

Josh Baldwin ’05
Office: 270-852-3201
Text: 270-713-3712